Friday, January 1, 2010

Beginnings - Blake

Beginnings for me have always been the easy part. As intimidating as it is too look at a blank page, it's also exciting. The possibilities are truly endless. Finishing when the going gets rough (or simply boring) is much more difficult. Luckily for this project, I have a few friends to help with the follow through.

This blog has its roots in the friendship of three photographers. We met at Central Michigan University while working for the school newspaper. Since then, I've graduated and am working as a freelancer, while Jake May and Libby March are still pursuing their degrees. During my last semester at Central, we critiqued each others work and pushed each other to do more, go farther, and not settle. Hopefully this blog will be an extension of what we started there.

I know we all have different reasons for wanting to take a photo everyday to post here, and I think those reasons will evolve and change over the next 365 days, but for me I'm simply hoping to document my life through the discipline of continually producing work. I'm entering a major season of change and it will be interesting to see how that is reflected in my photos. "Fish or cut bait," one of my photo teachers told me. Here goes.

The only rule - one photo per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment