Saturday, January 2, 2010

365 Launch - March

Since Neil's given an overview, I want to introduce myself, too. As far as projects go, I'm the opposite - I have a really hard time getting things rolling sometimes, which is why I'm incredibly excited to be embarking on this venture with two of my good friends and respected photogs. Together, we form the 'trifecta' - or, as Jake would say, the "Trifecta of Awesome." I'm not sure when we came up with it, but it fits. We form a pretty dynamic photographic trio.

From my perspective, Jake is our spearhead; he is not only one of the most self-motivated people I know, but he is a true leader and countless times has pulled us together. He also can walk into a situation and come out with a take-ful of moments, not to mention he is a born reporter. Neil is, I feel, the natural photographer within us. His photos are without fail, well, pretty. Compositionally, he never ceases to impress, and he seems to possess an instinct for framing layers. He's also the king of toning. As far as what I contribute to the trifecta, I'm still unsure, but I think my strong suit is in determination. I want to make pictures that inspire empathy and change lives, and I push myself constantly to be braver and more innovative an artist and journalist.

My goal for the next 365 days is to eclipse everything I've done thus far as a photographer through daily pictures, both journalistic and artistic. I'm hungry for experience and better technical skill, and for all the things I will learn from the people we photograph. I'm not terribly fond of math, but 365 and 2010 are numbers I can get amped about.

No comments:

Post a Comment